Friday, September 16, 2011

Jen in a nut shell

Hey Jen here! Im 32, a mother of two beautiful children, my daughter will be 8 next week(going on 30) and I have a 20 month old son. Like many of us couponers we saw Extreme Couponing on TLC and wondered hmmmm can someone really do that? Could we really stock up on everyday items and save money? I was hesitant at first but when my husband said if you can shop like that and save us money Happy Shopping Babe! I was off! I got a binder together a coupon organizing mat and started clipping away. My first Sunday paper had a PG in it and man o man it had many goodies. So I went out and bought many papers that Sunday I was so excited to shop and be encouraged to do so. (Im a shopaholic naturally).

My husband and I looked at many blogs and decided to hit up Walgreens and try this couponing thing out. Well it was amazing! And I think by the end of the first week we had over 50 Gillette & Schick Razors. We were now officially hooked! This was back in May and since then I have been able to stock up on items such as shaving cream, toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper etc.. for cheap! And what I love the most is that EVERYTHING is brand name! Never in my life did I think I could get Brand Name for cheaper than generic. there are somethings but 98% is Brand Name :)

I have been able to donate to the church, give items to friends and family when they are in need and much more.

I rarely leave the grocery store spending more than $30 or saving less than 65%.

A few tips:

devote time to your coupons (they are $)
be patient (it wont happen over night)
Save ALL coupons (you just never know when it will go on sale)
Be open to trying new things that go on sale
Dont by it just because you have a coupon for it (Unless you have to have it)
Buy your Sunday papers at the Dollar Store (YES they are only a $1 on Sundays)
Be-careful it is an ADDICTION! :)

Happy Shopping my little shoppers! Sorry if this blog went all over the place :) Alot on my little mind :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
-Jen and Christin