Sunday, September 18, 2011

Christin in a nut shell

My name is Christin and I am 28 yrs old. (Soon to be 29 :|) 
My high school sweetie and I have been married for 9 years. Started dating in 1996! OMG! :)
He is in the Air Force and we are currently stationed at Fairchild, AFB WA. 
We have an 8 yr old son and a 4 yr old daughter. 
I also began couponing when I saw the TLC show "Extreme Couponing" and was intrigued. Could I really be getting name brands for less than generic?!
I am happy to report, YES! YOU CAN! 

So, most of my posts will be related to commissary shopping and couponing. 
I hope to be able to show you how to get the best "bang for your buck" and stretch those very important and hard earned dollars. :)

I echo the tips Jen mentioned 
* Take it slow. 
It takes time to accumulate coupons and match up sales. I did a ton of reading and researching before I decided to take my binder and hit the store. 
I admit, my first attempt was a failure, but don't get discouraged.
* Clip all coupons. You never know what will be on sale in a week, in 2 weeks. In a month. 
* Stay organized. What ever system you decide to use, keep it organized and up to date. The worst thing to do is go shopping with a bunch of expired coupons. 
* Speaking of expired coupons, DONT THROW THEM AWAY! 
Military families stationed overseas can use them for up to 6 months past the expiration date. 
A few of my favorite expired military coupon sites are:
and 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
-Jen and Christin